Wolfpack Platoon Tactical MilSim Team
Welcome to the Wolfpack Den. If you are a member of the team please register to enter the Den and See more information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Wolfpack Den. If you are a member of the team please register to enter the Den and See more information.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M203 Grenade Launcher Ammo

+2
Mojoe
GainTime
6 posters

Go down

M203 Grenade Launcher Ammo Empty M203 Grenade Launcher Ammo

Post  GainTime Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

I have been on a search for an economical option for M203 grenade ammo. I think I have found a good one. Target has some foam practice golf balls that go under the Golf Digest brand name. You can get 12 for around $8 or 36 for around $20. I tried them out today to see what kind of range I get.

I used the regular shower shells with propane mixed with silicon oil. Out of the 12 pack I was able to get a max of 150 ft if I fired on an arc. Little to no arc I got 60 to 80 feet.

The 36 pack seems to have a harder foam so it doesn't go as far. I am going to try to compress and release them for awhile to see if they will soften up a bit and retest those.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for some cheap grenade ammo.

GainTime
GainTime

Back to top Go down

M203 Grenade Launcher Ammo Empty Re: M203 Grenade Launcher Ammo

Post  Guest Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

Great idea! I'll be rocking an m203 as well. Do the foam balls fit snug in the barrel? It seems golf ball size would be a little small, but I guess you achieved decent range.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojoe Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:43 pm

Capt... Nerf vortex are being made again, Academy on 183 has a bunch of them for 3 bucks each or something like that.

Mojoe

Back to top Go down

Post  GainTime Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

They fit quite snug in mine. Which is why the balls in the larger pack didnt go quite as far. The foam golf balls are less than a 3rd of the cost of the vortex balls also.

Not sure what kind of range the other folks are getting with the m203 and those anyways. I didnt have much luck with the nerf vortex balls. They were too big and didnt fly very far with the shower shells.
GainTime
GainTime

Back to top Go down

Post  Pope Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:40 pm

I saw a guy at Irene that was dead on with the Nerf Rockets. After I saw him take out his 3rd vehicle - all from different ranges and all with 1 shot - I asked him how long it took him to get that down. He said he shot the thing every weekend in his backyard for the past 2 years. He was impressive. I guess anything works if you familiarize yourself with it.
Pope
Pope

Back to top Go down

Post  Danarchy Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:03 am

We bought a CO2 powered LAW and Cormac used it at Naughty or Nice this weekend. It has its value, but given the rules at RDGX, we hadn't planned on bringing it. Should we bring it as a back-up heavy weapon?
Danarchy
Danarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:21 pm

Bring it just in case I will check.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://wolfpackplatoon.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

Danarchy wrote:We bought a CO2 powered LAW and Cormac used it at Naughty or Nice this weekend. It has its value, but given the rules at RDGX, we hadn't planned on bringing it. Should we bring it as a back-up heavy weapon?

Was approved by Claymore. Your good to go to use.

As for you wanting to roll with SAW if you have been in Sport for 3 Years or more. I've been told if I vouch for you. You will be good to go. So, if interested let me know ASAP. Good to have in this pinch.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://wolfpackplatoon.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pope Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

Pockets has a SAW but it has not been previously approved by MSE. He was not going to bring it but if there is a way to have it sanctioned - we would appreciate it and I will tell him to bring it. It passed chrono at Iron Horse. I don't know how long he has had it though.
Pope
Pope

Back to top Go down

Post  GainTime Fri 27 Jan 2012, 7:46 am

I re-read the TASO rules and it specifically states certian rockets by brand that are approved. Where do I start on getting these approved as well? I can assure you if a vortex football is approved these little foam golf balls will be also. Less weight/mass and the foam feels the same as far how hard it is.
GainTime
GainTime

Back to top Go down

Post  Xander117 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:46 am

Mojoe wrote:Capt... Nerf vortex are being made again, Academy on 183 has a bunch of them for 3 bucks each or something like that.

If their at my local academy ill buy up to thirty if people want some besides me.

(are the nerf rockets approved by TASO and other local fields we play at?)

Xander117
Xander117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum