Wolfpack Platoon Tactical MilSim Team
Welcome to the Wolfpack Den. If you are a member of the team please register to enter the Den and See more information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Wolfpack Den. If you are a member of the team please register to enter the Den and See more information.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also

3 posters

Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also

Post  Admin Tue 17 May 2011, 8:47 pm

Still looking for a Occasional Team Reaper Pilot: This UAV has Cameras mounted throughout and a Antenna to broadcast real time to computer.

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Reaper10

Last edited by Admin on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://wolfpackplatoon.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty really

Post  ABMS Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:23 pm

So we need a tech, to operate it?
ABMS
ABMS

Back to top Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty Re: Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also

Post  Admin Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

Yeap it has live feed cameras for air intel and ability to airdrop a load of BBs. If I don't find a Tech soon. I'm just going to sell it had it over a year with no air time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty really

Post  ABMS Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:57 pm

how complicated is it to fly the thing
ABMS
ABMS

Back to top Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty Re: Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also

Post  GainTime Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:49 am

I tried remote control flying. For me the issue was when flying the aircraft back towards your self the controls are backwards. In other words left is right and right is left when the plane is coming towards you.

For some reason I am not affected by this when operating a ground vehicle. Unfortunately I ran out of money and patience before I learned how to master that skill with an aircraft.

What we need is to either find someone that already knows how to fly RC planes that is willing to do airsoft as well or one of our teammates take up flying which me include joining an RC Plane club to learn how to fly one. The advantage of joining a RC plane club is that they can help you by slaving your controller to theirs. What this would do is when you get into trouble the instructor releases the slave button then takes control back of the aircraft hopefully in time to save it. They can also offer guidance on how to fly your aircraft.

The other issues with RC planes is the weather and the wind. Too much wind and it is hard to control the aircraft.......I have first hand knowledge of this as well......that cost me about $100 to learn it. 2nd issue are trees......They block your view so you can not see the aircraft to fly it and if your aircraft does come in contact with one chances are it will get stuck in it.

I would love to see that thing on the field. Is it a foam model or is it one of the nice models with duracoat and such?
GainTime
GainTime

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:08 am

There is no Foam on this plane. This is exactly like the picture wood and duracoat. And long as hell with the wing span.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GainTime Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:20 am

We definitely would need someone that knows what they are doing to fly it then. With the foam planes the parts are cheap. Duracoat planes break and might not be repairable if the degree of damage is severe.

One other option for someone wanting to learn to fly RC is a program that any hobbystore dealing in rc planes will have where you have a controller that plugs into your computer where the program will simulate flying the plane. It is actually very helpful.

I never invested in it because it is around $200 and cost more than the little cheap plane I was trying to learn to fly. I would also say that I never joined a club because of time constraints with work and other hobbies I had at the time.

I am definitely not trying to discourage anyone from learing this skill. I am told it really isnt that hard to learn if you go about it correctly. For anyone thinking of doing this just be ready to commit to learning this skill and go for it. It is very relaxing ...... I used to love flying my dual rotor heli ..... again I for some reason picked up on that quick and easy. Not sure why I had such a hard time with the plane.
GainTime
GainTime

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:48 am

I have the trainer RC Controler. Bought it with the plane. WITH everything including parts and such its a very expensive plane.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:51 am

I have the trainer RC Controler. Bought it with the plane. WITH everything including parts and such its a very expensive plane.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty ok

Post  ABMS Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

i might have a new recriut who might want to learn how to do it, but first hes gonna need to see if he can play well enough or not
ABMS
ABMS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:35 pm

Gain is correct. I think the best option would be to get a simulator for your PC. We have something called RealFlight up at the store. The basic package costs 100 dollars and comes with everything you need for the program. The up-side is that every crash doesn't result it repairs, so in my opinion it pays itself off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

Have it already. And ready to go. The model and everything came from nitro plans
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Still Looking for a Reaper Pilot also Empty i can fly it

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

i have flown planes real planes i am on my way for a piloting license i have been flying with my father since the 5th grade also i have alot of remote controlled airplanes that have a joystick if that has a joy stick i will be able to fly it also if it has a computer type controller i might be able to fly it my father has one but he doesnt let me use it i have used it about only 6 times
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum