Wolfpack Platoon Tactical MilSim Team
Welcome to the Wolfpack Den. If you are a member of the team please register to enter the Den and See more information.

NLAW Monthly Game AAR

Go down

NLAW Monthly Game AAR

Post  GainTime on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:38 am

Trogdor and I rolled out of Palestine around 5:30 am arriving at the field at around 7:45 am. Aside from Knightshade and we were the first people to arrive. We quickly made camp and prepped our gear for a days worth of play.

The first game started around 9 am. It was held in the grove and was a take the fort game. The OPFOR being in the fort while our team attacked. We took the fort rather quickly. Neither Trogdor or I took any hits although we delivered quite a few. The game was awesome and sportsmanship was good. I was able to finally get a kill with my sniper rifle. I was also able to see that I can hit a man size target at 200' with ease since there was no wind.

2nd game occured in the creek. The creek is approx 20 ft deep and 30' to 50' wide with many twists, tree roots, tall grass, holes cut in the walls. We were allowed one "Sniper" out of the creek up high while everyone else had to play in the creek. This really allowed for some great cqb action. Our side again ruled the day.

3rd game was in the Jungle which was a heavily wooded area with several small and some larger creeks flowing through it. All dry of course. Main part of our team went one way while Hugh and I went the other to flank while the main force attached. Hugh and I were able to sneak all the way around the perimeter of the field picking off the OPFOR from behind. We actully pincered the OPFOR but time ran out before we could establish a winner.

We then broke for lunch. I used out gas grill that we carry camping to cook up some hotdogs and eckridge sausage links. We hung out and watched part of the LSU game at Knightshades camper. He has a big screen and chairs set up under the awning with surround sound. This will come into play later.

After lunch we went back into the grove and played a game where you had to get a bomb and carry it to your opposing teams base then hold it there to set it off. To complicate matters you had to deal with a juggernaut. I didnt envy that guys role at all. Half our team was tasked with locating the bomb and destroying the enemy base while the other half was to flank and eliminate all OPFOR. I lead the flanking team. We were able to slip past the juggernaut and completely flank the OPFOR. Unfortunately the OPFOR was able to locate the bomb but due to our hammer and anvil crossfire they were completely eliminated. Time ended with bomb in the OPFORs base but not in our possession. We had actually scared them into hiding the bomb waiting on us to be dealt with before moving it......well no one dealt with us.

We played another creek game and force on force game which consisted of ours side dominating the field.....btw they selected new teams each round but kept squads in tact of any teams that showed up so it was just a complete hammering of the same people.

We broke for dinner where I cooked up some more hotdogs and sausage.

We then played one more game where guys spit into father and son teams of two while anyone not with thier father was allowed to pick their teammate. This was the basic free for all one shot one kill type of game but where you had to work as a team. Unfortunately Trogdor and I were the first out mainly because I had selected my Bobster Googles to play this portion of the game because the light was fading fast. Those goggles fog up really bad if you sit still. moving you are all right but as soon as you take a knee all fogged up. I actually walked into the first team getting both Trog and i eliminated.

After this game everyone sat around watching the Bourne Identity on the big screen until it got good and dark.

Those wanting to went out for a night game. Trogdor had very little sleep the night before so he went to bed while I joined the night game. The young ones decided to challenge us more seasoned players so that set the stage for a very onesided game. I and another sniper was able to sneak all the way into the fort where we got several knife kills and safety kills (NLAW doesnt allow any shooting within the 20 ft MED). So you either have to knife kill, Bang bang, back up, or parlay.

We all went to bad after that. I woke up and cooked omlets for Trog and I. We broke camp and played another creek game. Then we played a VIP game. Trogdor ran out of ammo on that game and decided to head back to the truck. I took the fort and started dealing pain from the sniper tower while our team was flanking. I dont think those guys knew where they were getting hit from.

All in all we had a wonderful time. Trogdor only had to pull his dead rag out 3 times for the entire two day outing while I pulled mine 4 times. We also went through 2 bags of ammo so it wasnt for lack of action. There was just good cover and avenues to flank. You could also employ guerilla tactics where you hit and run then do that repeatedly while where the OPFOR down.

There was a photographer out there so when he posted up pics I will post up some.

Here is a link to the pics of the game.

NLAW Oct game pictures

No mercy needed and no quarter given.
GainTime

Back to top Go down

Re: NLAW Monthly Game AAR

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:19 am

Sounds great keep us updated of future games
Admin
Admin

http://wolfpackplatoon.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GainTime on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:22 am

Here are some actual Pics of Trogdor and I so you will know what we look like.

I guess the photos are too big. No idea how to fix that.

GainTime

Back to top Go down

Post  Danarchy on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

Great AAR. I met Hugh and the other NLAW guys at Helium Project. We plan to find a free weekend and travel there, although it looks like November and December are already booked, so we may try for January?
Danarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  GainTime on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

Ok. I will post up next time we are going so we can all meet up there.

GainTime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum